[Shield Survivor Pools] NCAA March Madness and MLB Survivor Pools - Sign Up Info

Scott Shield scott at scottscottscott.com
Fri Mar 9 10:50:30 EST 2018

***
Please do not mark this as spam.  If you would like to be removed, please
reply and let me know and I will remove you.  Be advised that you may not
be informed about the NFL pools if you are removed.
***

Hi All,

The NCAA March Madness and MLB Survivor Pools are now ready for signup.
The pools will be run on the website officefootballpool.com and not the app
from last year.  Here are the links to join:

NCAA March Madness Survivor:
http://www.officefootballpool. com/pools.cfm?poolid=148359&p=
2&pwd=ShieldMM2018
<http://www.officefootballpool.com/pools.cfm?poolid=148359&p=2&pwd=ShieldMM2018>

MLB Survivor:
http://www.officefootballpool.com/pools.cfm?poolid=148410&p=2&pwd=Shield2018

The rules for each are on the website, but here are some things you need to
know:

For NCAA, the same rules apply as last year will apply, EXCEPT in the Elite
8 where you will now be allowed to choose either two teams from Saturday,
two teams from Sunday, or one from each (which was the only option last
year).

For MLB, this will be a DOUBLE Elimination Pool, meaning you get two
strikes before you're out.  You'll choose one team per week (Monday thru
Sunday) and if your team wins at least 50% of its games, you advance,
otherwise you get a strike.  The games prior to Monday, April 2nd and the 3
games after the allstar break are not included in the pool

*PAYMENT*
Send the entry fees and a separate sheet of paper for each pool that
contains the following info:
1) Name
2) Phone Number
3) Email address
4) Entry name(s)
5) The words "NCAA" or "MLB".  Make sure there are separate sign up sheets
for each pool if you are playing in both.

Please write legibly on letter size paper.

The pool is CASH ONLY.  Entry fee is $100 per entry.  If you sign up and do
not send your entry fees, your entries will be changed to inactive before
the pools start.  Deadline for entry fees is Wednesday, March 14th for NCAA
and Sunday, April 1st for MLB.  NYC and Long Island meetup info is below.

*NO USPS MAIL. * You can use USPS Priority mail or one of the other express
services (FedEx, UPS, etc).  Make sure you keep your tracking number until
your package has been delivered.  Signature required is OK, and you can use
your own phone number on the form.

Send to:
Scott Shield
471 N Broadway #406
Jericho, NY 11753

Again, NO USPS MAIL

Here is the NYC meetup schedule that I have so far.  Additional days will
be added prior to baseball season.  This is only for those folks who are
going to drop off in person.

Please have your entry fees and signup sheet in an envelope prior to
stopping by.  I will wear a dark blue News 12 baseball hat at the meet ups
so you'll know what to look for if you've never met me.

The signup sheet should contain the following information:
1) Name
2) Phone Number
3) Email address
4) Entry name(s)
5) The words "NCAA" or "MLB". Make sure there are separate sign up sheets
for each pool if you are playing in both.

Please write legibly on letter size paper.

The pool is CASH ONLY.  Entry fee is $100 per entry.

*Brookfield Place* = Across from the World Trade Center in the atrium at
the top of the escalators leading up from the Path trains

*Midtown* = Outside 135 W 50th St (between 6th & 7th).

*Tempest Bar* = The Tempest Bar located on 8th Ave between 30th & 31st
Streets next to Penn Station

I can also meet in the Jericho area at certain times. E-Mail me (
scottshield13 at gmail.com) to schedule

*Monday, March 12  12:00-12:30 PM Brookfield Place**Wednesday, March 14
12:00-12:30 PM Midtown *

*Wednesday, March 14  5:00-6:00 PM Tempest Bar*
I will send additional days and times for the two weeks leading up to
baseball season soon.

Thanks,
Scott.
scottshield13 at gmail.com