[Shield Suicide Pool] March Madness Survivor Pool - Invitations, Meetups, Sending Fees

Scott Shield scott at scottscottscott.com
Fri Mar 10 13:08:32 EST 2017

Hey All,

Many of you are able to download and signup with no problems.  However,
some of you are experiencing some issues, so I will help you with that here:

1)  You set up your name and e-mail, but do not receive the verification
e-mail:

Make sure you have typed in your email address correctly, and if so, check
your junk/spam folder for the verification email.

2)  You verified your email address, but are not getting an invitation:

Try clicking the link:

https://thesportspool.app.link?invite=58bdeff1962cf5765fcacae4

If that doesn't work, click the button on the app:  "Missing an
Invitation?" then copy the link and paste it there.

If you have a different issue, or the steps above don't solve your problem,
send me an email at scottshield13 at gmail.com.  Please be as specific as you
can with your issue.

If you are using an iPhone, make sure to say "Allow" when you are asked to
receive push notifications.  If you didn't, go into Settings->Notifications
and turn on notifications for Sports Pool.  You will be receiving all
correspondence through these notifications.

A bunch of you have sent your entry fees, but have not set up your account
and entries in the app.  Please do that as soon as you can so I can
activate you.

*Deadline for entry fees:*

The deadline to enter is before the end of the day Thursday, March 16,
while you can still select 2 teams that day.  To be activated in time for
the first game on Thursday, I must receive your mail or drop off by
Wednesday, March 15.  Packages received on Thursday, March 16 will be
processed ASAP, but not necessarily before the first game.

*Submitting entry fees:*

Wrap the fees (100 per entry, cash only) in your signup sheet (a sheet of
paper containing your Name, E-mail Address, Phone Number, and Entry Names)
and send to:

*Scott Shield*

*471 N Broadway #406**Jericho, NY 11753*

Do not use tape or staples please!

You can send regular mail if sent before Friday, March 10.  You can use
express services with signature as well.

*Scheduled Meetups:*
I will be at the following locations for meetups this week.  If you don't
know who I am, I will be wearing a beige baseball cap that says Bourbon
St.  At the bars, you can always ask the bartenders where I am.

   - *Monday, March 13* from 9 to 9:15 AM and 12 to 12:15 PM at Brookfield
   Place (across from the WTC).  I will be at the top of the escalators coming
   from the PATH inside the glass atrium.
   - *Tuesday, March 14 *from 12 - 1 PM at The Brickyard.  I will be at the
   bar located on 9th Avenue just north of 52nd Street in Manhattan.
   - *Wednesday, March 15* from 9 to 9:15 AM and 12 to 12:15 PM at Sunset
   Park, Brooklyn.  I will be outside 241 W. 37th Street (between 2nd and 3rd
   Aves).
   - *Wednesday, March 15* from 5 - 6 PM at The Tempest Bar.  I will be at
   the bar located on 8th Avenue between 30th and 31st Streets in Manhattan.

I will also be available in the Jericho, Long Island area at certain times
each day, so contact me for that info if interested.

Please have your cash and signup sheet in an envelope when you drop off.
No tape or staples please!

The rules of the pool can be viewed in the app by clicking the 3 dots in
the top right of your screen and selecting "View Pool Rules".  You can also
message me through the app by clicking the 3 dots and selecting "Chat".

Please forward to anyone who you think would be interested in playing.
make sure to forward them the link and that they know the cost per entry
and that it is cash only.

Thanks,
Scott.